The Play Team is pleased to announce the release of Play Framework 2.6.3. This is the latest stable release of Play.
- To download Play, visit www.playframework.com/download.
- To upgrade an existing Play 2.6 project, edit your
plugins.sbtfile and set the
- To update an older Play project, take a look at the Migration Guide.
The 2.6.3 release contains the following fixes and improvements:
- Support running cache tasks in thread pool (Java documentation / Scala documentation)
- Add new fromRouterWithComponents method for creating a server (Documentation)
- Fix GzipFilter for HTTP/1.0
- Fix sessions with LegacyCookiesModule
- Fix 'nul' PID file issue on Windows
- Fix resource leak with temporary files
- Fix empty body issue when using RoutingDsl
- Fixed missing JPA config issue
- Fix race when creating temporaries directories
- Reduce logging for temporary files
- Reduce error logging for buggy browser cookies
- Improve CSRF logging
- Many documentation improvements
- Update to play-json 2.6.3:
- Update to play-ws 1.0.4:
- Update to Twirl 1.3.4:
- Update Akka to 2.5.4:
Thanks to the community for the detailed reports and invaluable help.
Special thanks to the following contributors who helped with this release: Adam Lane, Adam Williams, Dominik Dorn, Greg Methvin, Grigoriy Alexeev, James Roper, Jason Zaugg, Johannes Stickel, JunpeiAnzai, jxtps, Marcos Pereira, Matthias Kurz, mufeng, Naoki Takezoe, Rich Dougherty, Thiago Arrais, Ty Kowalewski, Will Sargent.